CERTIFICATION OF FURNITURE PRODUCTS FOR EXPORT TO RUSSIA
REGISTRATION OF CU TR 025/2012 CERTIFICATES AND DECLARATIONS
Following Furniture Products Have to be Certified According to CU TR No. 025 in Russia
Certificate of conformity
Furniture which is intended:
– for children,
– for educational institutions,
– for pre-school institutions.
Declaration of conformity
Furniture which is intended:
– for laboratories,
– for mercantile business, public catering and public service establishment,
– for hotels, resorts, hostels,
– for theaters and entertainment companies,
– for administrative facilities,
– for railway stations, financial institutions, telecommunication agencies,
– for bookselling organizations,
– for ship’s cabins and other locations.
Rack stacks, shelves, cupboards, tables, desks, chairs, armchairs, benches, stools, benches, pouffes, sofas, couches, ottomans, chair-beds, sofa beds, beds, mattresses, cabinets, shelves, writing desks, dressing tables, pier glasses, three-leaved mirrors, chests, screens, stands, hangers, drawers, toy boxes
Price for registration of a CU TR certificate – upon request
Price for registration of a CU TR declaration – upon request
Processing time – 3 business days or more
Maximum validity period of a document – 5 years
NOTICE: Furniture products are consumer goods, that’s why increased safety requirements are imposed on them. When registration process is complete, we recommend you to receive a CU TR declaration / certificate together with test reports. This will help you to avoid unnecessary questions or fines when considering claims from consumers or during supervisory bodies inspection.
Who Can Register a CU TR (EAC) Certificate or Declaration for Furniture Products in Russia?
- Importer to the Customs Union (supplier)
NOTICE: Furniture products are allowed to be imported and sold on the territory of the Customs Union only after the moment they are certified according to the requirements of CU TR No. 025/2012. Products that have passed the registration procedure receive a CU TR certificate or declaration of conformity, they also have to be marked with the EAC compliance sign and after that they can be sold on the territory of the Customs Union.
- Receiving a request from a client
- Product breakdown and determination of certification conditions
- Signing of a contract with specific contract time and cost of work
- Registration of an application and preparation of documents
- Formation of evidence materials
- Negotiation of a certificate / declaration draft
- Registration of a certificate with inclusion into FSA Register
- Sending of documents to a customer by a courier service
- Label layout
- Technical description
- Assembly instructions (as appropriate)
- Other documents on quality of materials and raw materials (as appropriate)
- TU or GOST (for Russian manufacturers)
- Registration documents of an applicant company
- Contract with the representative company (for a foreign manufacturer)
Features of Issuing CU TR 025 Certificates and Declarations of Conformity for Furniture Products
Certification of custom-made furniture
In accordance with the Customs Union Technical Regulations No. 025/2012 “On Safety of Furniture Products” it is necessary to issue a declaration or certificate of conformity for custom-made furniture, depending on its intended purpose.
What kind of furniture is not covered by CU TR No. 025/2012?
– medical furniture, including a special one,
– veterinary furniture,
– furniture for use in air, land and underground transport,
– antique furniture,
– used and renovated furniture,
– samples of furniture products for exhibitions, advertising, tests.
Labeling of furniture
Labels of furniture products must contain following information:
– product name for operational and functional purposes, product designation,
– trademark (logo) of a manufacturer,
– name of country of origin,
– name and address of a manufacturer,
– name, address and contact information of a representative company of a manufacturer,
– date of manufacture,
– warranty period,
– service life period,
– a single product circulation sign (EAC).
Labels must be attached directly to products or inserted in product packages (for ready-to-assemble (knock-down) furniture).
How can I verify authenticity of a declaration or a certificate?
Information on registration of CU TR declarations and certificates must submitted to the Register of the Federal Service of Accreditation (Rosakkreditatsiya).
If there is no information about a declaration or a certificate in the Register, then this document is invalid and its use is prohibited.
Additional requirements for labeling of furniture which is intended for preschool institutions and educational institutions
For labels of chairs, tables and desks used in public premises, there are additional requirements, they must contain height number in the numerator and average height of children in the denominator.
On surfaces of tables, desks, chairs used by children there must be a color label applied in the form of a circle with a diameter of at least 10 mm or a horizontal strip of at least 10-15 mm, depending on height numbers of the furniture:
00 – black
0 – white
1 – orange
2 – purple
3 – yellow
4 – red
5 – green
6 – light blue
In which countries a CU TR certificate is valid?
CU TR certificates and declarations of conformity, issued in one of the member states of the Customs Union, are valid in all of the member states of the Customs Union.
For example: a CU TR certificate or declaration issued in Russia will be valid on the territory of Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Kyrgyzstan.
Is it possible to issue a CU TR certificate with a manufacturer as an applicant?
Applicant in a certificate or declaration of conformity can be either a manufacturer of product, or its official representative company on the territory of the Customs Union. If a manufacturer is a foreign company, then registration is possible only for the representative company on the territory of the Customs Union. This representative company will be indicated in the “Applicant” column of a certificate and will be responsible for products quality on the territory of the Customs Union.
Make sure you begin to work on registration of a new declaration or certificate in advance!
We can always postpone document printout, but we will not be able to speed up testing of samples
By becoming our clients, you will always be up to date with current industry news
We will remind you in advance if your declarations or certificates expire soon
Address: Business Park Greenwood – 143441,
Moscow region, Krasnogorsk district,
Putilkovo, 72 km. MKAD, bldg. 19
Business hours: Mon.-Fri., 09:00-18:00 (UTC +3)
Phone number: +7 495 744 77 14
Our representative in Italy and Germany
Address: 40010 Bologna, Italy
Phone number: +39 339 245 77 31