EAC CERTIFICATION OF AUTO PARTS AND VEHICLES FOR RUSSIA AND EURASIAN ECONOMIC UNION
Following Products Must be Certified According to the CU TR No. 018/2011 for Russian Market
Following components (replacement spare parts) of vehicles have to be certified according to the CU TR No. 018/2011:
- compressed gas equipment for vehicles: heat-exchanging, gas-mixing and gas-dosing devices; valves; filters; hoses; fuel lines; control units
- parts of the braking system: pads, disks, drums, cylinders, regulators
- exhaust systems, gas neutralization systems: neutralizers, silencers, resonators
- steering parts: power steering, hydraulic pumps, steering columns, rods, levers, racks
- wheels of vehicles, alloy wheels and pneumatic tires
- safety devices, headlights and glass elements, body parts and many more
- Two-wheeled and three-wheeled motor vehicles of L1 and L2 categories – mopeds, motorized bicycles with a maximum speed of 50 km/h (31 mph), with maximum engine displacement of 50 cm³
- Two-wheeled and three-wheeled motor vehicles of L3, L4 and L5 categories – motorcycles, scooters, tricycles with a maximum speed of more than 50 km/h (31 mph) and engine displacement of more than 50 cm³
- Four-wheeled vehicles of L6 and L7 categories – quadricycles
- Four-wheeled vehicles of category M designed for the carriage of passengers – cars, buses, trolleybuses and other passenger vehicles
- Vehicles of category N – trucks and their chassis
- Vehicles of category O – trailers and semitrailers
- Vehicles of category G – off-road vehicles
- Auto-concrete pumps
- Lumber carriers
- Tow trucks
- Dump trucks
- Truck cranes
- Emergency and rescue vehicles
- Public utility vehicles
- Oil and gas well service vehicles
- Fire trucks (engines)
- Vehicles designed for transportation of petroleum products
- Vehicles designed for transportation of food products
- Police cars
- And others
Certification Procedure for Vehicle Spare Parts According to CU TR No. 018 in Russia
- Receiving a request from a client
- Product analysis and development of a phased plan for certification
- Signing of a contract with specific contract time and cost of work
- Registration of an application and preparation of necessary documents
- Compilation of evidentiary materials
- Negotiation of a certificate draft
- Registration of a certificate with inclusion into FSA Register
- Sending of original documents to a customer by a courier service
Who Can Register a CU TR (EAC) Certificate of Conformity for Replacement Spare Parts in Russia?
- Importer to the Customs Union (supplier)
NOTICE: Components of vehicles (spare parts) are allowed to be imported and sold on the territory of the Customs Union only after the moment they are certified according to the requirements CU TR No. 018/2011. Components (spare parts) that have passed the certification procedure receive a CU TR certificate or CU TR declaration of conformity. Vehicle spare parts have to be marked with the EAC compliance sign and after that they can be sold on the territory of the Customs Union.
What is Accepted as an Evidence of Conformity to the Norms of the Customs Union Technical Regulations No. 018 (On Basis of Which Documents a Certificate Can Be Issued)?
- Test reports
- Reports on type approval under UNECE rules. The requirements of the Customs Union Technical Regulations No. 018/2011 are harmonized with the requirements of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe Rules (UNECE rules), which allows the type approval to be accepted as evidence and certificates or declarations of conformity to be issued on their basis.
- Vehicle type approval – if there is an official letter from the vehicle manufacturer with approval of the fact that the spare parts are components for conveyor production and that they can be used as replacement spare parts
Price for registration of CU TR 018/2011 certificate of conformity
Price for certificate registration is starting from 350 Euro.
Prices are affected by many factors, such as: certification scheme, availability of quality documents, number of models and specifications, etc. For example, the cost of a certificate for a batch of wheel bolts will significantly differ from the price of the serial production certificate for alloy wheels with many models.
How long will it take to register a certificate?
If you already have all of the necessary documents and expert’s workload is low turnaround time will be 3 or more business days. A large list of components, need for real testing, expert’s visit to factory can delay the process of registration for up to several months. Better find out in advance which certification scheme and procedures are necessary for your products.
What is a validity period of a certificate?
Maximum validity period of a certificate for serial production according to CU TR No. 018/2011 is 4 years. Please keep in mind that if you have a 4-year serial production certificate registered then an annual inspection control (expert audit) is required, otherwise a certificate can be canceled. The maximum validity of a certificate without mandatory inspection control (expert audit) is 2 years.
Validity period of certificate for a single batch of products
Certificate for a single batch of products does not specify a validity period, but it can not exceed a shelf-life of certified products. In a certificate for a particular batch of products there have to be production volume and accompanying documents must be indicated in it.
Rules for filling out a certificate and identifying of products
According to the requirements of the Customs Union all products must be identified, for this purpose certificates specify the most complete information about marking, including the trademark, model and vendor code.
Production sites (factories) and diverse products in a single certificate
It is not necessary to issue separate certificates for each production site (factory) and diverse products. They all may be registered in one certificate. For example, in a single certificate lighting devices, electrical parts, car bodies and glass elements and several branches of the manufacturer can be registered.
Applicant company in a certificate of conformity
Manufacturer of components (spare parts) or its official representative on the territory of the Customs Union both may be applicant companies in a certificate or declaration of conformity. If a manufacturer is a foreign company then registration of certificate is possible only for the company representative on the territory of the Customs Union. This company will be responsible for the quality of products on the territory of the Customs Union and will be indicated in the “applicant” column of a certificate.
Is it possible to register a certificate for spare parts without samples?
Yes, it is possible, if there are reports of a type approval of the UNECE, and also if vehicle manufacturer confirms identity of spare parts to original spare parts and there are documents confirming it.
In which countries a CU TR certificate is valid?
Certificates and declarations of conformity registered in one of the member States of the Customs Union are valid in all of the member States of the Customs Union. For example: a certificate issued in Russia will be valid on the territory of Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Kyrgyzstan.
Make sure you begin to work on registration of new certificate in advance!
We can always postpone the certificate printout, but we will not be able to speed up testing of samples
By becoming our clients, you will always be up to date with current industry news
We will remind you in advance if your certificates and permit documents expire soon
Address: Business Park Greenwood – 143441,
Moscow region, Krasnogorsk district,
Putilkovo, 72 km. MKAD, bldg. 19
Business hours: Mon.-Fri., 09:00-18:00 (UTC +3)
Phone number: +7 495 744 77 14
Our representative in Italy and Germany
Address: 40010 Bologna, Italy
Phone number: +39 339 245 77 31