EAC CERTIFICATION OF TOYS AND BOARD GAMES FOR EXPORT TO RUSSIA
REGISTRATION OF CU TR No. 008/2011 CERTIFICATES OF CONFORMITY
Following Products Have to be Certified According to the CU TR No. 008/2011 in Russia
- Pastes, plasticine for modeling
- Toy balls for babies
- Doll prams
- Toys in shape of animals and other creatures
- Electric toys
- Musical instruments and devices
- Toys and models with built-in engine
- Goods for entertainment, celebrations, carnivals
- Board or parlor games
- Pedal cars
- Toy trains and model trains with and without rails, traffic lights and other accessories
- Do-it-yourself kits
- Construction toys
- Kits for assembling models of a reduced size
- Electric racing cars
- Swimming pools for children
- Artificial Christmas trees, electric garlands, ornaments and accessories for use with them
- Custom-made toys, exhibition samples
- Large-Scale Models for collecting
- Vehicles with internal combustion engines
- Toy cars with steam engines
- Games and toys running at a voltage of over 24V
- Transformers for toys, chargers
- Equipment for children’s playgrounds, sports equipment
- Video game machines
- Bows for shooting, with length of more than 1200 mm
- Sanitary and hygienic products made of latex, rubber and silicone
- Puzzles containing more than 500 parts
- Pneumatic weapons, replicas of firearms
- Catapults and devices for throwing, projectiles
- Folklore and decorative dolls
- Bijouterie; protective equipment (glasses, helmets)
- “Professional” toys for general use, for installation in public places
- Products with heating elements for use in educational process, under supervision of adults
Price for registration of a CU TR certificate – upon request
Processing time – 3 business days or more
Maximum validity period of certificates – 5 years
NOTICE: Children toys and games are consumer goods, that’s why increased safety requirements are imposed on them. When registration process is complete, we recommend you to receive a CU TR certificate together with test reports. This will help you to avoid unnecessary questions or fines when considering claims from consumers or during supervisory bodies inspection.
Who Can Register a CU TR (EAC) Certificate of Conformity for toys and games in Russia?
- Importer to the Customs Union (supplier)
NOTICE: Children toys are allowed to be imported and sold on the territory of the Customs Union only after the moment they are certified according to the requirements of CU TR No. 008/2011. Products that have passed the registration procedure receive a CU TR certificate of conformity, they also have to be marked with the EAC compliance sign and after that they can be sold on the territory of the Customs Union.
Certification Procedure for Toys According to CU TR 008/2011
- Receiving a request from a client
- Product breakdown and determination of certification conditions
- Signing of a contract with specific contract time and cost of work
- Registration of an application and preparation of necessary documents
- Formation of evidence materials
- Negotiation of a certificate draft
- Registration of a certificate with inclusion into FSA Register
- Sending of original documents to a customer by a courier service
Features of Issuing a CU TR Certificates for Toys in Russia
What information does a product label (sticker) have to contain?
The marking of the toy must contain the following information:
– Name of the toy, including the trademark / trade name, model, nomenclature article
– Country of manufacture
– Name, address and contact information of the manufacturer
– Name, address and contact details of the representative company (for foreign manufacturers)
– The minimum age of the child who will play with it
– Basic structural material (for children under 3 years old) (as appropriate)
– Methods of care and storage conditions for the toy (as appropriate)
– Date of manufacture (month, year)
– Service life or shelf life (if determined)
Depending on the type of toy, you may also need: package contents, operating rules, assembly instructions, safety measures, warning labels, methods of hygienic treatment.
Where must the EAC conformity mark be applied?
A single product circulation mark (EAC) can be applied:
- directly to the toy itself
- to the toy packaging (individual, group, transport)
- to the label, medallion, tag (including sewn label)
And it is also have to be indicated in the operational documents attached to the product.
For toys consisting of several parts, a single sign of circulation (EAC mark) is applied to those parts that can be placed on the market separately.
Safety requirements for toys
Toys must not pose danger to the life and health of children and persons looking after them. The absence of risk is determined by the design and material of which the toy is manufactured. The toy and its constituent parts must withstand the load during use, without deteriorating and retaining consumer properties.
When determining safety requirements, the age characteristics of children are also taken into account.
What are the parameters that get checked during certification of toys
Physical and mechanical properties
Toxicological and hygienic indices
What materials are not allowed in toys intended for children under 3 years old?
In toys intended for children under 3 years of age cannot be made of: natural fur, natural leather, glass, porcelain, napped rubber, cardboard and paper, padded pellets of 3 mm or less in size without inner cover, toy fillers like rattles, whose size in a humid environment increases more than 5%.
In toys, the use of secondary raw materials is not allowed.
Protective-decorative coating of toys must be resistant to wet processing, the action of saliva and sweat.
Required documents for certification
- Label layout
- Technical description, including photos, information about raw materials, materials and components
- Assembly instruction, operating instructions (as appropriate)
- TU or GOST (for Russian manufacturers)
- Registration documents of an applicant
- Contract with a representative company (for foreign manufacturers)
- Certificate of quality management system (as appropriate)
- Shipping documentation (for a single batch of products)
Is it possible to register a CU TR certificate with a manufacturer as an applicant company?
Applicant in a certificate of conformity can be either a manufacturer of product, or its official representative company on the territory of the Customs Union. If a manufacturer is a foreign company, then registration is possible only for the representative company on the territory of the Customs Union. This representative company will be indicated in the “Applicant” column of a certificate and will be responsible for products quality on the territory of the Customs Union.
What is a validity period of a CU TR certificate?
Maximum validity period of a certificate for serial production of toys/games according to CU TR No. 008/2011 is 5 years. Validity period of a certificate for a single batch of toys is not set.
Please keep in mind that if you have a 5-year serial production certificate registered then an annual inspection control (expert audit) is required, otherwise an issued certificate may be canceled.
In which countries is a CU TR certificate valid?
CU TR Certificates of conformity issued in one of the member states of the Customs Union, are valid in all of the member states of the Customs Union (on the territory of Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Kyrgyzstan).
Requirements for toys that are being sold with food products
Toys must be of sufficient size to avoid getting into the respiratory tract.
The toy must have its own packaging. A plastic toy is allowed to be without packaging if it is subject to external placement.
On a packaging of a food product containing a toy there must be a warning inscription printed that says: “Contains a toy inside”.
Make sure you begin to work on registration of a new certificate in advance!
We can always postpone document printout, but we will not be able to speed up testing of samples
By becoming our clients, you will always be up to date with current industry news
We will remind you in advance if your CU TR certificates expire soon
Address: Business Park Greenwood – 143441,
Moscow region, Krasnogorsk district,
Putilkovo, 72 km. MKAD, bldg. 19
Business hours: Mon.-Fri., 09:00-18:00 (UTC +3)
Phone number: +7 495 744 77 14
Our representative in Italy and Germany
Address: 40010 Bologna, Italy
Phone number: +39 339 245 77 31