CERTIFICATION OF PACKAGING FOR EXPORT TO RUSSIA
REGISTRATION OF CU TR 005/2011 DECLARATIONS OF CONFORMITY
List of Products That Have to Be Certified in Russia
According to Customs Union Technical Regulations No. 005/2011
Declaration of conformity
– metal: foil, cans, barrels, flasks, kegs, jerricans, tubes, containers;
– polymer: shells, films, boxes, barrels, drums, canisters, flasks, jars, tubes, bottles, bags, sacks, containers, trays, cups, pencil cases;
– paper and cardboard: boxes, packs, cans, bags, sacks, trays, cases;
– glass: bottles, jars, vials, ampoules, containers;
– made of combined materials: compartment inserts, packs, bags, sacks, bottles, jars, containers, trays, tubes, cups, boxes;
– wooden: boxes, barrels, kegs, drums, tubs;
– made of textile materials: bags, containers;
– ceramic: bottles, cans, barrels, kegs.
– metal: corks, caps, crown caps, muselet;
– cork: plugs, gaskets, sealing plugs;
– polymer: corks, caps, lids, dispensers, sprinkler attachments, gaskets, valves;
– made of combined materials: plugs, lids, caps, covers, sealing gaskets;
– made of cardboard: caps, sealing gaskets.
Price for registration of a CU TR declaration – upon request
Processing time – 2 business days or more
Maximum validity period of declarations of conformity – 5 years
NOTICE: When registration process is complete, we recommend you to receive a CU TR declaration together with test reports. This will help you to avoid unnecessary questions or fines when considering claims from consumers or during supervisory bodies inspection.
Technical Regulations of the Customs Union No. 005/2011 are inapplicable to packaging of medical devices, pharmaceuticals, tobacco products and hazardous freight.
Who Can Register a CU TR (EAC) Declaration of Conformity for Packaging in Russia?
- Importer to the Customs Union (supplier)
NOTICE: Packaging is allowed to be imported and sold on the territory of the Customs Union only after the moment it is certified according to the requirements of CU TR No. 005/2011. Products that have passed the registration procedure receive a CU TR declaration of conformity, they also have to be marked with the EAC compliance sign and after that they can be sold on the territory of the Customs Union.
- Receiving a request from a client
- Product breakdown and determination of registration terms
- Signing of a contract with specific contract time and cost of work
- Registration of an application and preparation of documents
- Formation of evidence materials
- Negotiation of a declaration draft
- Registration of a declaration with inclusion into FSA Register
- Sending of documents to a customer by a courier service
- Technical description
- TU or GOST (for Russian manufacturers)
- Registration documents of an applicant
- Contract with the representative company (for foreign manufacturers)
- Contract and invoice (for a batch of products)
- ISO 9001 certificate
Features of Issuing of Declarations of Conformity According to CU TR No. 005/2011
Labeling of packaging
Labels have to include a numeric or alphabetic designation of the material the packaging is made of, that is required for its identification. Plus pictograms and symbols that reflect information for consumers about recycling and use.
Information in the accompanying documents
Information on packaging (closures) must be included in the accompanying documents and has to contain:
1. name of a packaging (closures);
2. information on designated use of a packaging (closures);
3. storage, transportation, disposal conditions;
4. method of processing (for reusable packaging);
5. legal name and address of manufacturer, contact information;
6. legal name and address of an applicant company, importer, contact information of these companies (if there is such information);
7. production date (month, year);
8. shelf life (if set by manufacturer).
In which countries a CU TR Declaration is valid?
CU TR Declarations of conformity, issued in one of the member states of the Customs Union, are valid in all of the member states of the Customs Union (on the territory of Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Kyrgyzstan).
Is it possible to issue a CU TR Declaration with a manufacturer as an applicant company?
Applicant in a declaration of conformity can be either a manufacturer of product, or its official representative company on the territory of the Customs Union. If a manufacturer is a foreign company, then registration is possible only for the representative company on the territory of the Customs Union. This representative company will be indicated in the “Applicant” column of a certificate and will be responsible for products quality on the territory of the Customs Union.
Is it possible to verify authenticity of a declaration?
Information on registration of CU TR declarations must submitted to the Register of the Federal Service of Accreditation (Rosakkreditatsiya).
If there is no information about a declaration in the Register, then this document is invalid and its use is prohibited.
Make sure you begin to work on registration of a new declaration in advance!
We can always postpone document printout, but we will not be able to speed up testing of samples
By becoming our clients, you will always be up to date with current industry news
We will remind you in advance if your declarations expire soon
Our representative in Italy and Germany
Address: 40010 Bologna, Italy
Phone number: +39 339 245 77 31